Cleveland, Ohio has steadily turned itself into a cultural mecca with world-class dining establishments, music venues, museums, art galleries, and more. If you are a resident of Cleveland or you are just stopping through, there is no excuse not to take advantage of what Cleveland has to offer. In this post, we will introduce you to a few unique ways you can spend your Saturday (or any day, for that matter) in the heart of Cleveland, Ohio.
- Explore The International Women’s Air And Space Museum: As you’ve likely gathered from the title, the International Women’s Air And Space Museum is dedicated to featuring some of the most influential women who have worked in aviation and space programs throughout history. When you visit the museum, you’ll have the chance to learn about the contributions these prominent women have made in the development of both of the aforementioned fields. The museum is housed in the Burke Lakefront Airport terminal building and is open every day from 8 AM to 8 PM. Admission is free and guided tours are available, lasting about 45-60 minutes in length.
- Have Lunch in Little Italy: Head to Little Italy on Mayfield Road to bask in the indescribably delicious aromas of sauces, pasta dishes, and Italian dessert. This section of Cleveland was first developed in the 1880’s when an Italian sculptor by the name of Joseph Carabelli began creating marble works of art on the road. In no time at all, throngs of Italian families moved in and created their own Little Italy right in the heart of Cleveland, OH. Today, you’ll find an array of cafes, delis, restaurants, and galleries all dedicated to all things Italian (and of course, Italian food). Whether you fancy a glass of prosecco or Italian wine, a rich cannoli treat, or a massive plate of spaghetti carbonora, you’ll find an endless buffet of Italian meats, cheese, and other delicacies in Cleveland’s Little Italy. In addition to incredible dining establishments, Little Italy regularly hosts various events and festivals throughout the year including live music, Bocce tournaments, and art walks. Check the calendar and make a point to attend a local event after grabbing a hearty Italian lunch!
- Pay Homage to Rock Legends at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum: You don’t have to be a rock enthusiast to appreciate the contribution many legendary rock stars have made to music throughout history. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum proudly displays many impressive, unique exhibits including Legends of Rock, The Songs That Shaped Rock and Roll, Rock Portraits by Herb Ritts, and The Pink Floyd Wall. In addition to exhibits, the museum provides educational programs, classes, and workshops for both children and adults with a vested interest in rock music and its history.
- Get Some Fresh Air at North Chagrin Reservation: Become one with nature at the 1,700-acre North Chagrin Reservation. This wildlife sanctuary is made up of various reserves, hiking trails, and picnic areas. If you’re interested in doing a bit of bird-watching, make your way to the Sanctuary Marsh and Sunset Pond, a prime location for spotting a host of various bird breeds. Aside from outdoor attractions, North Chagrin Reservation offers plenty of educational programs and workshops at their nature center located on site. Finally, if you aren’t all tuckered out from a day of hiking and bird-watching, get in a few rounds of golf at the Manakki Golf Course in Willoughby Hills.
- Spend Some Time at Town Hall: Town Hall isn’t actually the town hall of Cleveland, rather, it’s a progressive local restaurant that consistently turns out some of the most inventive dishes and cocktails in the area. Everything is organic, GMO-free, and locally-sourced and the quaint cafe even has its own bean bar where you can pick up a cup of fresh coffee. Town Hall has an outdoor patio in addition to traditional, in-door seating and is the perfect spot for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. The restaurant even features a unique late-night menu with savory and sweet dishes such as specialty milkshakes, juices, smoothies, small plates, and platters.
- Go on a Romantic Date at The Velvet Tango Room: The place positively screams “elegance”. The Velvet Tango Room is the perfect place to take a date, whether said date is your spouse or a prospective romantic partner. The architecture and interior design sets the tone for understated sophistication, thanks to the tin ceiling, candlelit tables, mahogany bar, and baby grand piano. The restaurant also has an outdoor terrace for dining during the warmer months. Make a point to come for the jazz which is played every night at the lounge. The bar has an impressive selection of cocktails, wines, and craft beers as well as elegant small plates to pair with your drink. Keep in mind that anyone planning to visit The Velvet Tango Room must adhere to a dress code that prohibits ball caps and t-shirts.
- Chow Down on Tacos at Barrio Tacos: The Velvet Tango Room is where you go for a romantic, ritzy night out and Barrio Tacos is the place to take your friends of family members for some mind-blowing tacos. Barrio Tacos allows patrons to build their own tacos with a variety of savory toppings. You can pair your tacos with a cocktail, sangria, frosty margarita or other tequila drink. Open all hours of the day, this taco joint is a great spot for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Stop by for the happy hour to get a killer deal on your festive, handcrafted cocktail, wine, or beer. Keep your eyes peeled for a Barrio Tacos food truck, which frequently makes stops at local community events and festivals.
Curious about the many other things there are to see and do right in your own backyard? Keep reading our blog for more posts on various Cleveland events and activities. If you are in need of an appliance repair for any appliance in your home including your fridge, dishwasher, or dryer, get a hold of us today for a free price quote!