The weather is refusing to let up, but you need something sweet now. Because of the outdoor heat, turning on the oven means a miserably hot home and outrageously high electric bill. Since baking isn’t an option, why not try creating some tasty treats in your Frigidaire Refrigerator?
There are plenty of perfectly scrumptious desserts you can make without ever touching an oven dial. We have listed some of the recipes for these sweet treats below. Not a single one requires baking, and some are simple enough that the kids can make them with very little help from you.
— No-Bake Cookies —
These classic cookies are perfect for chocolate-peanut butter lovers everywhere. They are rich and just crumbly enough to be enjoyed as the perfect afternoon snack.
- Wax paper
- Cookie sheet
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Medium saucepan
- Place a piece of wax paper on the cookie sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, butter, milk, and cocoa to a boil. Let boil over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the mixture onto the wax paper and let cool 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator for up to the three days for storage.
— No-Bake Cheesecake —
Anyone who loves cheesecake will appreciate this easy-to-make cake. Top it with chocolate or strawberries for an even fancier treat and serve it up at your next family gathering.
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- One (1) 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepared graham cracker pie crust
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Slowly add in the condensed milk and mix well. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the crust and refrigerate 4–5 hours until firm. Cover and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
— No-Bake S’mores Squares —
These are a favorite with kids (and kids at heart) everywhere. Take them to school for snack time, or serve them after lunch for the perfect s’mores treat without the mess.
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 graham cracker squares
- Mini marshmallows
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Line the cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 45–60 seconds or until the chocolate is melted. Spread chocolate on graham cracker squares and top with mini marshmallows.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Cover and store in refrigerator.
— No-Bake Lemon Bars —
Lemon juice and lemon zest give these bars their sour kick, which perfectly compliments their sweetness. Serve them up after dinner or as a party snack.
- 2½ packets graham crackers
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Lemon zest
- Juice from 2½ lemons
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 9″ x 13″ baking dish
- 2 bowls
- 2 spoons
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with graham crackers and set aside.
- In one bowl, stir together juice, zest, and condensed milk. Mixture will appear runny, but will thicken as it stands. Pour lemon mixture over graham crackers.
- In a second bowl, mix together powdered sugar, milk, and butter until combined. Spread icing mixture over lemon mixture.
- Place dish in refrigerator and chill overnight. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving and store covered in the refrigerator.
Of course, if you’re going to be cooking with your refrigerator, you need a working refrigerator to begin with. If you notice that your Frigidaire (or any other brand refrigerator) is acting up, it might be time to call in a professional to help.
At Fred’s Appliance Repair, we are happy to help you solve your appliance issues. We are appliance repair professionals and take great pride in our work, so we guarantee you will be happy with the results. Contact us to get started.