You may have fallen in love with your glass stove top the second you saw it in the store, but we’re willing to bet, you aren’t very fond of cleaning up burnt spills from its surface after you get done cooking. To help you manage this frustrating task, below we’ve listed the steps of a helpful cleaning process that will make your life just a bit easier.
- First and foremost, before you start working on that unsightly burn, make sure your stove top is no longer hot. Many glass stove tops have a red light that will turn off once the surface has cooled down.
- Next you’ll want to gather your supplies. You’ll need a spoon, a soft cloth, a single edged razor, water, mild soap, olive oil and baking soda.
- Take a good look at the stain, if it appears thick, you’ll want to use your spoon to gently scrape away the burnt area.
- If the substance is too tough for the spoon, you’ll need to move on to using a razor.
- Before you start, you should cover the burnt stain with olive oil. This trick will lubricate the spot and cause the debris to loosen a bit.
- You will need to be very careful while using a razor blade on your glass stove top. For one, you don’t want to accidentally cut yourself and secondly you don’t want to cause any damage to your appliance.
- Hold the blade completely flat as you gently remove the burnt material. This action should keep you from scratching the surface stove top.
- After the burnt food is mostly gone, you will move on to mixing together the baking soda and water together to create a paste.
- Next place the mixture generously on the stain. You should allow the substance to sit undisturbed for 8 to 10 minutes. However, be careful the paste does not harden; otherwise you’ll end up with another mess to clean up.
- Once the appropriate amount of time has passed, you will take a cloth and scrub the paste away. Refrain from using any type of abrasive sponge. Doing so can scratch you glass stove top.
- If there are still remnants of burnt food on the surface, you can perform the baking soda procedure again. If not, you can go ahead and clean the entire stove top with warm soapy water.
If one or more of the burners on your stove top have stopped working, you may need the help of anappliance repair company. To learn more about the services we offer, please contact us and we’ll be happy to answer all of your questions.