The Ins and Outs of Microwave Appliance Repair

Alex HServiceLeave a Comment

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on Google+Pin on PinterestDigg thisShare on RedditBuffer this page

They are a part of our daily lives that we simply do not think a whole lot about, whether it is Microwave Appliance Repair or how they became a household name. The microwave oven came into existence mostly by accident.  While most candy makers realize that chocolate can be melted in a microwave oven, it requires constant watching and stirring to ensure the sweet substance does not burn or scorch.

However, it was the accidental melting of a Mr. Goodbar chocolate bar that gave American engineer Percy Spencer the idea that perhaps microwaves could be useful in the kitchen. When the candy bar in his pocket began to melt due to the radar he was working with, he decided to make some popcorn and an egg with the microwave power. It took until the 1960’s for these appliances to become accepted in the home, and today most kitchens are equipped with a microwave oven.

While there is not much effort to providing routine maintenance on these ovens; they do require regular cleaning to function properly, prolong the life of the appliance and prevent the need for repairs.

  • The outside of the oven should be cleaned with a damp, but not dripping wet cloth.
  • Make sure moisture does not seep into the internal cavity of the microwave since this can damage internal parts.
  • Harsh chemicals can damage the finish or paint on the oven so use a mild detergent to remove dirt or sticky substances.
  • The touchpad area is very sensitive and care should be taken to avoid getting the buttons wet.
  • Ideally, the internal portion of the oven should be cleaned after each use with a clean damp cloth and mild soap if necessary.
  • In order to loosen caked on food, a cup of water (in a microwave proof vessel) with a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar included can be cooked on high for a few minutes.

In the event that your microwave stops working or starts giving you trouble, do not attempt to repair it yourself. These types of ovens can still give a serious electrical shock even when unplugged, so always get an experienced technician to perform the repairs. For more information on appliance service and repair, please contact us.