Sometimes it’s difficult to prepare a nice supper when you get home from work and you just want something simple to make for you and your family.
Thank goodness you have a Whirlpool range! No matter whether it’s electric or gas, it’s sure to cook your meal in the quickest time possible. Depending on the size and model Whirlpool self-cleaning ranges have some terrific features:
- Counter Depth – These ranges are created to fit a standard 25-inch countertop so the range won’t stick out but rather stand out in your kitchen.
- SpeedHeat Burners – Thanks to the multiple Power burners, you’ll get the high heat that’s required for quick frying, boiling and searing.
- AcuBake – Food bakes evenly with a built-in sensor that keeps track of the oven’s temperature and alters the cooking elements if needed.
- True Convection Cooking – Using a third element in addition to a fan, hot air is distributed evenly under, around and over your food; this means your meal will cook faster.
- Frozen Bake Technology – This feature allows you to quickly cook frozen food such as lasagna, pies, pizza, French fries or chicken nuggets without having to preheat your oven first.
- FlexHeat – Cooks efficiently and saves energy too! Inner 6-inch rings are for small pots or pans and outer rings expand for larger pots or pans.
With some or all of these features, you’re sure to enjoy cooking with your Whirlpool. These cooking recipes are definitely convenient and easy—and tasty too! The chicken is packed with protein and very low in calories. The moisture is locked in by the Greek yogurt and the spices bring it up to a completely new level of taste. Serve it with the delicious lemon rice recipe below and you’ll really have a winner!
- 1 c. of Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- ½ tsp. of ground black pepper
- ½ c. of grated Parmesan cheese, reduced fat
- 1½ tsp. of seasoned salt
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat your oven to 375˚ F.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium, shallow bowl mix the Parmesan cheese, pepper, Greek yogurt, seasoned salt and garlic powder until smooth.
- Dip each chicken breast in the Greek yogurt mixture ad turn to coat all sides thoroughly letting the excess mixture drip off.
- Place the coated chicken breasts on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the chicken for 45 minutes.
- If you desire the chicken to be brown on top, switch the broiler on high for about 3 minutes; when each chicken is golden brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Spiced Lemon Rice (Serves 4)
- 1½ tsp. of yellow mustard seeds
- 1 sm. onion, diced
- 1 red jalapeno or Fresno chili, sliced in thin rings
- 4 strips (2×1-inch) of lemon peel (only yellow portion)
- ½ c. of cashews, roasted
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp. of turmeric, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 c. of white, long-grain rice
- 2 tsp. of kosher salt
- ¼ c. of fresh lemon juice
- In a heavy, large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in the turmeric and mustard seeds; cook 1-2 minutes being sure to shake the pan until the mustard seeds pop.
- Add in the chili, garlic and onion; stirring periodically, cook roughly 7 minutes or until the onion is clear.
- Pour in the rice and mix until the rice is coated evenly.
- Toss in the salt and lemon peel; pour 3 c. of water over the mixture and allow it to come to a boil. Reduce to low heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Carefully mix in the lemon juice. Remove the pot from the heat, return the cover and let it sit for another 15 minutes; then stir and fluff with a fork.
See? What did we tell you? Two really easy dishes to make—and the cleaning up is just as easy! For the chicken recipe, you can do steps 3 and 4 the night before; just use a large bowl with a lid, coat the chicken and leave them in the bowl, cover and let the chicken marinate in your fridge until you get home from work the next day. Dinner will be ready in under an hour!
If your Whirlpool range is in need of repair or just needs some maintenance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.