You’ve enjoyed tackling a variety of home maintenance and repairs yourself…installing a new water-efficient toilet, adding a glass tile back-splash in the kitchen, moving an electrical outlet to a more convenient location. It has not only saved you a lot of money, but has given you a sense of accomplishment and a fun learning experience as well, right? Then you’re a great candidate to try your hand at simple appliance repair, too!
Whether you’re experiencing a problem with your microwave, dishwasher, range, oven, refrigerator, washer, dryer or other home appliance, our online Repair Center offers maintenance and repair tips, DIY help, FAQ’s and information to help you troubleshoot your situation and find the appliance repair parts you need to do-it-yourself. We even stock a helpful library of brand-specific repair manuals such as GE, Whirlpool, Hotpoint and Kenmore.
Let’s say you find yourself with a Whirlpool gas oven with a broiler that has suddenly decided not to work. You want to see if you can fix it yourself. What steps should you take?
- On fredsappliance.com you’ll click on “Replacement Parts – Order Parts” then “Repair Center“
- Once in the Repair Center, you’ll select “Ranges – Gas” – Here you’ll find a wealth of information and repair tips.
- You view the FAQ’s and see “Why doesn’t the oven broil?” AHA! Exactly what you need. The information here explains how the broiler works and what could be causing the problem. It details various things to check and helps narrow it down to either the broiler ignitor or the gas safety valve. A little more detective work and you determine that the problem indeed lies with the ignitor, which is nice because it is the least-expensive to replace.
- You enter your model number in the Part Finder search box, view a detailed manifold diagram and confirm the exact ignitor you need to order.
- Voila! A few clicks and your part is on its way.
A few days later you’re savoring not just a perfectly-broiled steak, but the fact that you repaired that broiler yourself and saved some serious bucks to-boot!
Of course if your investigation determines that the repair is more involved that you want to dive into, just contact us…Fred’s friendly technicians have got your appliance repairs covered in all parts of Cuyahoga, Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, and Portage counties in northeast Ohio.