Over time, simply wiping off your gas stove grates just does not cut it. Food and grease gets stuck on the grates, and just wiping it off no longer does the trick. What you need to do is deep clean your grates. It takes a little bit of time, but it is well worth the effort.
Just follow these simple oven appliance repair and cleaning tips, and your grates will look great in no time.
- Abrasive Sponge
- Paper Towels
- Commercial Oven Cleaner
- Plastic Trash Bags
- First, fill your sink with warm water and soap. Then, take the grates off the oven and place them in the sink to soak overnight.
- In the morning, drain the water out of the sink and refill the sink with warm, soapy water. Then use an abrasive sponge to scrub off the cooked on food and grease that is stuck on the grates.
- After you are done scrubbing the grates, dry them off with a paper towel.
- Next, spray the grates with a commercial oven cleaner. You may want to place the grates on either paper towels or newspaper when you spray them. Be sure to use the commercial oven cleaner in a well ventilated area. After you spray the grates, place them inside a black plastic bag and let them sit over night again.
- In the morning, remove them from the plastic bags. Wipe the grates down with paper towels to remove the cleaner, then rinse them off with hot water and allow them to air dry.
- If they are still dirty, spray additional oven cleaner on the grates and this time, scrub them with an abrasive sponge. Dry the grates off with paper towels, rinse them off with hot water, and allow them to air dry.
If you follow the above steps, your oven grates should look like new again. If you have any questions about how to take care of your oven, be sure to contact us.