You’re the guy everyone calls when something breaks down. You’ve got a knack for tinkering but truthfully, you’re not always sure you’ve got the right answers. Making a wrong move on a repair could land you in hot water, even if the “job” is for a friend. Could appliance repair training be the right move for you? Probably! Here are five things you should know about appliance repair training.
- You’re the right age. If you are over the age of 18, you are a good candidate for a career in appliance repair. It’s not uncommon for people to enroll in training to prepare for a second career, too.
- The best training programs offers trainees hands-on experience. You need a training program that puts your knowledge to the test. Trying what you’ve learned builds confidence–and skill levels!
- No electrical or mechanical degree is required. You don’t have to present a specialized degree to register for an appliance repair training course. You’ll learn what you need to know, as you go.
- After the training is complete, you can expect to continue training–with an employer. Many companies require entrance level technicians to work with a seasoned employee for six months or more after hiring them. We can’t guarantee a job but we can prepare you to take a stride towards a satisfying career.
- You will need EPA certification before you begin training. Many appliance repair jobs consist of recovering refrigerant, a process that requires testing and certification.
If you’d like to talk to someone about these five things, or anything else related, just contact us. Thanks!