If your electric stove is not heating correctly, you may need the help of an oven appliance repair company to help you fix your oven. Before you call up a repair company though, you can do some diagnostics yourself.
It is important for the temperature of your oven to be accurate. If it is not accurate, it could affect the quality of the food you are cooking. Oven temperatures naturally vary by a few degrees; however, the temperature in your oven should not be off by more than five degrees either way. You can test the temperate of your oven by following the simple directions below:
- Purchase an oven safe thermometer.
- Place the oven safe thermometer inside of your oven. If you have a window on your oven door, place the thermometer so that you can read the temperature without having to open up the oven door.
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow your oven to heat up for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check the temperature on the thermometer through the oven window. If it is within five degrees of 350, your thermostat in your oven is not broken. If you do not have a window that you can look through, open the door and check the temperature on the thermometer and see if it is within five degrees of 350 degrees. You may want to repeat this process twice if you have to open the door to look at the thermometer to be sure you have an accurate reading.
If the temperature is only off a few degrees, there is nothing wrong with your thermostat. If the temperature is off by more than a few degrees, you may need to call up a refrigerator repair company and have your internal thermostat replaced in your oven.
If you have any other question about how to take care of your oven, be sure to contact us, we would love to help you out with all of your appliance needs.