A dishwasher is a must-have appliance for any household. It is a great time saver for busy families. Dishes are cleaner when washed by a dishwasher. They are also eco-friendly and help conserve water. Like other appliances; sometimes dishwashers begin to fail. They then need the expertise of a professional who performs dishwasher appliance repair. Here are common signs that your dishwasher is ready for maintenance.
- Your dishwasher is louder than usual – This is commonly a problem related to the pump. In addition to a faulty pump, the problem could be linked to the wash arm seal (a plastic ring). A professional will be able to diagnose the problem and provide a solution.
- Your dishwasher is leaking – This problem is destructive to your home. Leaking is usually caused by the pump, hoses or valves (leads from the main water line to the dishwasher).
- The dishwasher won’t start – There are a few things that can cause a dishwasher to not start. It could be a problem with the motor, timer, fuses or door latch.
- Your dishes are coming out dirty – A dishwasher that hasn’t completely cleaned your dishes could have several possible issues. Filters, water valve, food chopper (chops up leftover food particles from the dishes so that they don’t clog the drain), or gaskets could be to blame.
- The dishwasher won’t fill with water – This is a frustrating problem that has a few possible solutions. A faulty door switch might be to blame. A broken water valve or the float (the float is at the bottom of the dishwasher, and its purpose is to prevent overfilling) are other possible causes.
To get your dishwasher back in good repair contact us to learn more or schedule an appointment.